10-8 Performance 1911 Slide Stop, Gen 2
Our second generation slide stop is an all original design that is totally reengineered to provide you a whole new level of functionality.
- Long wide pad for positive manipulation
- Interior of lobe angled for easy installation - no more scratches on your slide!
- Engagement surfaces optimized for positive lockback
- Geometry improves slingshot slide release during reloads
- Design improves detent spring pressure to minimize chance of premature lockback
- .200" pin for improved lockup
- Right end of pin has protruding convex domed tip, same as GI slide stops
Fits all 1911 pattern pistols, including Govt/Commander/Officer sizes and 2011/Caspian/Para double column frames.
.45 ACP version has .200" lobe protrusion.
9mm/.38/.40 version has .220" lobe protrusion. **All calibers other than .45 will use 9/.38 slide stop**
Machined from bar stock and heat treated.
Carbon steel version has black oxide finish.
Stainless Steel version has matte bead blast finish.
**While this part is a drop in fit in most pistols, gunsmith fitting may be required on some guns. The .200" diameter pin may be bigger than your factory unit (they tend to run .198-.199") and may not drop right into the frame hole or may create a tighter lockup with the barrel's lower lugs.
***A popular question is "will this fit in my XXX 1911." As above, every single 1911 will be a little different, and may or may not require gunsmith fitting.