Originally released in 2012, the SOCOM Series Suppressors were selected by US Special Operations Command as first among all competitors, the most extensive and rigorous suppressor evaluation in history.
The SOCOM2 suppressors continue to be constructed of advanced high-temperature alloys and stainless steel featuring a redesigned internal venting system to additionally reduce back pressure and in some cases a further reduction in sound attenuation. Ascetically the visual difference of the SOCOM2 suppressors is a new recessed end cap.
There is no change in suppressor adapter attachment between the SOCOM and SOCOM2 suppressors. The SOCOM 3-Prong Flash Hider, Muzzle Brake and WARCOMP option adapters are designed for use with weapons system from carbine through machine gun variants. Like all SureFire SOCOM Fast-Attach models, the SOCOM2 produces minimal consistent shift in impact, if at all, compared to that of the unsuppressed weapon.
As always SureFire suppressors are designed and manufactured in the USA.
The compact and lightweight SureFire SOCOM556-SB Fast-Attach® suppressor is designed specifically for 5.56 rifles with barrels shorter than 10 inches, or longer barrels firing unstable ammunition (e.g. most jacketed frangible and “green” ammunition). It is a modified version of the SOCOM556RC, which was selected by US Special Operations Command as first among all competitors in the most extensive and rigorous suppressor evaluation in history, covering all aspects of suppressor performance, and which also received the USSOCOM official safety verification in support of fielding.
- All SOCOM rifle and carbine suppressors are test fired and must shoot a group no more than 1 MOA than that of the baseline platform unsuppressed group to pass
- Advanced features based off the Winner of US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) extensive and rigorous suppressor trials
- Cutting-edge internal venting to reduce back pressure, cyclic rate, and gas blowback
- Integrated blast shield increases durability
- Patent-pending front-plate design and proprietary gas flow improvements virtually eliminate first-round flash
- Effective attenuation of noise and dust signatures
- Patented Fast-Attach® design attaches and removes in seconds
- Minimal and consistent point-of-impact shift
- Lightweight and compact for minimal impact on weapon handling characteristics
- Designed for shorter than 10” 5.56 systems or some piston driven M4-variant platforms that do not have adjustable gas systems
- Full-auto rated
- Constructed of advanced high-temperature alloys and stainless steel
- Long service life
- Made in the USA