Vickers Heavy Machine Gun
Manufactured in 1917
This is an awesome package ! It was originally manufactured in 1917 and went to Portugal to get inventoried after WWI then eventually it came to the United States 1
- Includes 3 extra barrels, one is 8mm and has a lock and feed block for it.
- Original Chadwick illuminated aiming module. (you would put two of these out to establish a firing cone vector, then pull the cord to turn them on... and fire back and forth between the lights) Super rare I understand.
- 4 original ammo boxes - 3 are full belts (2 with new ammo, the aircraft box is original ammo) 1 additional fabric belt (750 rounds of ammo total included - .303 brit)
- Vickers oiler box w/cans
- British MG marked condenser can - broad arrow stamped and dated from the 50's
- Spare firing pin
- Original condensing house
- spring tension-er
- The ammo can hanger ... is the only reproduction item here. Made in the 90's I believe
- Gun, all parts on it including top cover, lock and tripod are matching numbers. Looks like the actual cradle is a few years older though, marked 1915 and has a different serial number. I'm sure it's original to the gun however when it was put together and boxed, then shipped to Portugal originally.
- Box is original condition, original paint, and marked for shipping in Portuguese. Inside the lid is a 1947 inventory number written in pencil. I believe that would have been when it left Portugal for South Africa.
- Shipping on this item is $300