Core Survival HEL-STAR 6 Gen III Helmet Mounted Light
Core Survival HEL-STAR 6® Gen III is a multi function helmet mounted LED light designed for airborne/MFF, tactical and other military operations. HEL-STAR 6® Gen III combines the basic features of the earlier HEL-STAR 4® & HEL-STAR 5® multi-function marker lights into a compact, integrated design with enhanced omni-directional visibility and easy battery replacement.
Improved sliding switches enhance tactile feel and provide positive, intuitive control between the two operating modes and four user-defined functions. Functions can be selected from virtually any combination of White, four different color options, and IR – either flashing or steady. Variable flash rates, intensities and coded signals provide expanded IFF capability.
Independent testing has confirmed that the HEL-STAR 6® Gen III exceeds the FAA’s 3 statute mile visibility requirement and is shock and vibration resistant, dustproof, and open sea waterproof to 130 fsw (laboratory 300+ feet). HEL-STAR 6® Gen III is built on a platform that allows new technology to be incorporated as it becomes available. As mission demands shift and expand, HEL-STAR 6® Gen III can evolve with changing user needs.
- Safety - The unique battery access design provides a curved profile on all sides, minimizing snag hazard. Velcro® attachment provides emergency peel-away from helmet to reduce potential for snag-related injury.
- Versatility - Up to four user-defined functions are available in a range of visible colors and IR signals, either flashing, coded or steady.
- Visibility - Omni-directional. Intensities can scaled up or down for special requirements. White flash exceeds FAA 3-statute mile requirements.
- Simple, Secure Operation - Switches are designed for positive operation by a gloved-hand, in the blind, with the helmet donned. Mode selection switch design options provide operational flexibility or strong security between overt and covert operating modes.
- Operating Extremes - HEL-STAR 6 Gen III is shock and vibration resistant, dustproof and open sea waterproof to 130 fsw (laboratory 300+ feet).
- Status Confirmation - Switch design provides visual and tactile confirmation of ON/OFF and operating status with no guesswork; visual confirmation prevents inadvertent battery discharge in the IR operating mode.
- Easy Battery Replacement - The single CR123 cell can be replaced in the field, quickly, without special tools.